- Registration has two parts. Part one is the Conference Registration. Part two is your Housing Registration. You must make your housing arrangements directly with the Green Lake Conference Center. For Housing Information visit the Accommodations page of the Green Lake Conference Center web site.
When do I need to arrive?
- When you arrive at GLCC you should drive into the circle area in front of Kraft (look for the cheese wedge on signs directing you to this building!). You will receive your room and board information at Kraft. You may choose to move your car from the circle before going to Bauer Lodge (next door to Kraft) to check-in with us.
- FABM Conference Registration is between 1 and 6 pm on Sunday, July 16th. You should plan to arrive no later then 3 pm if possible. This will give you time to register and find your accommodations. Dinner is served in the Kraft Dining Room between 5 and 6 pm. The Opening Celebration starts at 7:15 pm.
- At registration you will receive a Booklet of Information (BOI), that will include everything you will need to know for the conference, including workshop information, daily schedule, concert information, and more.
- You will also be invited to sign-up for workshops during registration. You are not required to attend workshops you sign up for, or prohibited from attending others - the forms are used for planning purposes; for example, to give workshop leaders an estimate for how many people may be attending their sessions.
When is the conference over?
- The Closing Celebration is at 7:15 pm on Friday and usually concludes by 9 pm. For Youth there are scheduled activities after the Closing Celebration.
What do I need to bring?
- Clothing: The weather in Wisconsin during July is very unpredictable. It can be very very hot or rather cool and wet. Even when it's warm, the evenings can be cool. Also, most of the facility is air conditioned. Therefore, shorts and trousers, sweater or jacket, umbrella or rain hat should all be included. Most conferees dress casually for most events; many people like to "dress up" when they actively participate in a concert however, so a nice outfit or two is a good idea. Swimming is available in the lake, making a beach towel a good thing to pack along with your swimsuit. There is a lot of walking involved at the conference, so be sure to include comfortable shoes!
- Musical Items: If you are a bell ringer, bring your gloves and a black table stand, if possible. Gloves are typically available to purchase on site at the Pepper Music Store, but the selection and quantity is limited. Bells are provided. If you play an instrument, bring it along. Larger instruments, like string basses, tubas, drums, organs and timpani are provided. Of course bring your voice and anything you need to keep it in shape. We do a lot of singing! Organists may want to bring their favorite piece of music to share.
- Children: If you have children coming with you who are not part of the Youth section of the Conference, the Green Lake Conference Center has a Children’s Center available for you! Contact them for information on hours, fees, and activity schedule -- this information will also be included in the Booklet of Information you will receive when you register. Children's Center activities are not managed by the Fellowship of American Baptist Musicians Board and require you to make arrangements with the Green Lake Conference Center directly.
- Other items to consider bringing: A camera to help you remember all your new friends and to show the folks back home; a bag for carrying home all the music you collect at the repertoire sessions; a pencil or two, a reusable water bottle, a choir folder for holding music during choral rehearsals, a bicycle (if you enjoy riding, the Conference grounds are lovely and fun to explore), and a good book.
How do I get to the Conference Center?
- You can travel to the Conference Center by car, bus, plane or train. For directions and other travel information visit the Directions web page of the Green Lake Conference Center.